2013年1月9日星期三

The Subtle Knife濂ョ鍖曢_085

a doorway open, out of forgetfulness,Link; I wouldn't be surprised if travelers from other worlds found their way here from time to time. We know that angels pass through, after all."
"Angels,coach canada?" said Serafina. "You mentioned them before. They are new to us. Can you explain them?"
"You want to know about angels?" said Joachim Lorenz. "Very well. Their name for themselves is bene elim, I'm told. Some call them Watchers, too. They're not beings of flesh like us; they're beings of spirit. Or maybe their flesh is more finely drawn than ours, lighter and clearer, I wouldn't know; but they're not like us. They carry messages from heaven, that's their calling. We see them sometimes in the sky, passing through this world on the way to another, shining like fireflies way, way up high. On a still night you can even hear their wingbeats. They have concerns different from ours, though in the ancient days they came down and had dealings with men and women, and they bred with us, too, some say."
"And when the fog came, after the great storm, I was beset by Specters in the hills behind the city of Sant'Elia,jordans for sale, on my way homeward. I took refuge in a shepherd's hut by a spring next to a birch wood, and all night long I heard voices above me in the fog, cries of alarm and anger, and wingbeats too, closer than I'd ever heard them before; and toward dawn there was the sound of a skirmish of arms, the whoosh of arrows, and the clang of swords. I daredn't go out and see,http://www.foampositesforcheap.us/, though I was powerfully curious, for I was afraid. I was stark terrified, if you want to know. When the sky was as light as it ever got during that fog, I ventured to look out, and I saw a great figure lying wounded by the spring. I felt as if I was seeing things I had no right to see—sacred things. I had to look away, and when I looked again, the figure was gone."
"That's the closest I ever came to an angel. But as I told you, we saw them the other night, way high aloft among the stars, making for the Pole, like a fleet of mighty ships under sail… Something is happeni

没有评论:

发表评论